Monday, March 15, 2010

Epilogue.

This is what it says it is… an epilogue. If you would like to read what it’s an epilogue to, check out Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.

In the years since John, Kyle, and I made our trek up the mountain and through the woods, much has happened. Kyle moved to California to study a scientific discipline I can’t even spell. John finally looked over his shoulder and saw an amazing woman standing there who will soon be his wife. I returned from Yosemite unaware that over the next few years I would navigate a car-sickening ride of life, career, and geographic changes.

It’s been a big five years.

Re-reading this story has made me realize that I need to go back to the mountain. I need perspective and grounding. I need to dangle my feet over a ledge and remember that sitting on the edge of something uncertain, while terrifying, can also be beautiful and exciting.

Of course, I also need somebody to pay for the plane ticket. Interested?

1 comment:

The Journey said...

I'm about to embark on my own mountain journey in the next coming week... of course the mountains of GA are somewhat of a joke in comparison to your mountain in the story... really more of a hill than a mountain but I do find God's voice louder in on cliffs and dangerous precipices. Maybe because you are closer to seeing him face to face if you fall?

I like what you said about giants being cut down to needless things. I actually have people in mind. How sad that ministries, churches, coalitions, etc. have hacked away at people in their prime or most vulnerable state and destroyed what could have been greatness which God intended.
i.e. jessica simpson, madonna, ted turner, my friend laura, etc.

great post... Hope you are growing tall in the city of smog!